This exercise program is tailored to improve both cardiovascular and musculoskeletal endurance and fitness. Exercise programs should contain both light resistance exercises and exercises that will increase heart rate at a safe level according to your fitness. Increasing your muscle mass helps with the breakdown of fats and the regulation of glucose levels in the blood stream. It also boosts metabolism so even after you finish exercising your body will continue to burn fat.
By completing 30 minutes of moderate exercise per day you can
- Reduce your risk of heart attack and heart disease.
- Reduce your risk of stroke.
- Achieve and manage a healthy body weight.
- Lower your blood cholesterol.
- Lower the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Lower the risk of some cancers, including colon cancer.
- Reduce feelings of stress, anxiety and depression.
- Lower your blood pressure for those who have hypertension (high blood pressure).
- Strengthen your bones, muscles and joints, lowering the risk of osteoporosis.
How you should feel?
The exercises should feel challenging, but comfortable to complete. If you feel short of breath, stop exercising for a minute or two, regain your breath and then you should be able to continue. If you remain short of breath and/or are concerned, consult your doctor before continuing.
Your muscles may feel tired or even sore after carrying out the exercises in the program – this is normal! You are simply using muscles in a way you may not be used to. If you feel severe discomfort or you believe the pain is not muscular, consult your doctor immediately.
What results can you expect?
Commitment is Key! The results you can expect from this program will reflect your commitment to the program. Ensure you carry out the full program three times a week for the full six weeks.
You should also eat a balanced diet while carrying out this program. This will ensure you have the energy levels and nutritional balance to gain the full benefits